- Easily Update Partner Names. Ever add a new business partner and mistype their name? Or maybe your business partner merged with another company or rebranded, and you still see them in Syncrofy under their old name. This used to be a complicated fix—but now it’s as easy as going to the partner’s page, clicking the Edit icon next to the partner’s name, and updating the name. That change will be reflected on all documents for that partner in search, document list views, and dashboards. Remember, if the partner has a lot of documents, give it a few minutes to update.
- More Ways to See Errors. We’ve made some major upgrades to how Syncrofy displays EDI errors. If a document has a Functional Acknowledgment (997) or Application Advice (824) with errors, they will now display on the original Purchase Order, Invoice, Advance Ship Notice, etc. You’ll also be able to view these errors in the Document List Views, by choosing the filter “Has Errors,” selecting “True,”and adding the column “Error Summary. We’ll be soon enhancing the CSV download so you can easily perform additional analysis on errors (type, frequency, segments, etc.).
- Note: If you don’t see this new error functionality, let us know—it requires a Local Agent update on your end and a quick configuration change on ours.
- Even More Exceptional. We improved our exception popovers so now you can assign exceptions and resolve them with one click, rather than having to open another menu.
- As always, this release includes some small bug fixes as well to enhance your Syncrofy experience.
- An Easier Way to Find Document Lists. You can now search by the name of the document list view, or favorite up to three lists! They’ll then appear at the top of the Documents list page so you can get to them with one click.
- Wondering Who to Contact When an Order Has a Problem? That information may be in the PER segment in the document, but you couldn’t see it in Syncrofy. Well, now you can! Look in the Addresses and Points of Contact section. Syncrofy displays all of the contacts included in the EDI. You’ll have to update your Local Agent to see this new information.
- Dashboards—Line Charts with Splits. If you’ve tried to create a line chart comparing last year’s data to this year’s data, or split by trading partner and limit it to just your top five partners, you may have seen some strange results. That won’t happen anymore! You can limit the number of lines in your chart, and everything will look great!
- Lots of other small but important bug fixes, including continued migration to our new messaging service.
- Extreme Makeover: Tables Edition! Tables throughout Syncrofy have been given an overhaul. The same treatment we gave tables in Documents, Files, and Exceptions a few months ago has been applied to the rest. This includes columns that auto size to the content, sticky headers, and other nice features to enhance the readability and usability of Syncrofy. This is just the first pass with more refinements in the coming weeks!
- Fixed: Syncrofy now supports underscores in business identifiers. Previously, Syncrofy would choke when it came across these IDs, but as you’d expect, we’ve taught our flagship software some new tricks to effectively handle these IDs.
- Fixed: We had an issue where two related documents that were processed at nearly the exact same time would not properly correlate to each other. To prevent this, correlated documents will now be processed sequentially to avoid this annoying race condition.
- A few other bug fixes and improvements.
- Excel-sior! Do you enjoy tinkering with data in Excel or somewhere else? Want to print and any format will do? Do you want to do those things with invoices from Syncrofy? Have we got good news for you! Download invoices from the Document Detail Screen as an Excel file and tinker away!
- "Bad” local agent no more. The Syncrofy Local Agent will no longer misbehave if MongoDB goes down for some reason—like an SSL certificate expiring. It will wait patiently for Mongo to return and gracefully recover where it left off.
- Filter criteria’s usability facelift. We’ve made filtering way easier! Previously, you had to click outside the box to apply a filter. That would cause you to occasionally click on somewhere and be whisked off to another page before you knew what happened (nobody was a fan). Now, simply click an OK button and go about your business as you intended.
- Resolving missing partner exceptions more efficient! We’ll no longer brute force reprocess all files containing these IDs. Now we’ll find only the existing documents, timelines, and indices we need to update and put far less burden on the system when processing large batches of missing partner exceptions. You’ll notice some speed improvements and our servers will be much happier.
- Fixed: Syncrofy was a bit aggressive when it came to acknowledging documents with 997s across organizations. This meant that a 997 from one organization could acknowledge a PO from another (not cool). We will now only consider documents from the same organization when correlating functional acknowledgements.
- Fixed: Added a safety check to make sure widgets with split fields configured won’t crash the dashboard if they’re not completely configured.
- Fixed: GS identifiers with spaces in them were preventing our customers from resolving missing partner exceptions created by these. We fixed that by making documents with spaces in their GS IDs create file processing exceptions instead.
- We made some other small but mighty stability fixes and system improvements.