Administrators (users with the "Can Manage Company Users and Groups" permission) have the ability to access the User Management page in Syncrofy to disable and enable users, manage their groups, and assign permissions. This is a great way to keep track of users within the system and the features and Groups they have access to.
- Click Settings in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Under "Company Settings" click "Users" to enter the User Management page.
- Select the user you wish to modify by clicking on their name in the list of users. If you do not see the name of the user in the list, type their name in the "Filter Users" box and hit Enter.
- Click the Disable button to the right of the user name. To "Enable" a user, click the "Disabled Users" tab at the top of the screen and click the Enable button next to the user's name.
Note: You can also Disable/Enable users by clicking the user name and going to the User Detail Page.
Managing User Group Access
- Repeat steps 1-4 above.
- Click on the user name to open the User Detail Page.
- Click on the "Groups" tab below the User icon.
- To give the user access to a particular group, click the Add Group button and type in the name of the group and select it.
- The group name and description (list of permissions that pertain to the group) will now appear below in the list of active groups. To remove a user from a group, click the Delete icon to the right of the group description.
Note: To view the list of users that have access to a group, click on the group name.
Permissions are the list of privileges a user has within the system. To view a user's permissions, select the "Permissions" tab on the User Detail Page. There, you will be able to view the list of permissions for that user and the group that provides it.
For example, the permission "Manage the company profile" comes from the "Administrators" group. Viewing Permissions is an easy way to pinpoint where a user's access is coming from and subsequently make the appropriate changes.
Manage the company profile: Add business identifiers for your company and subsidiary organizations. You can also add/remove a company image or logo.
Manage company users and groups: Invite users to Syncrofy. Also provides the ability to add said user(s) to Groups and/or change permissions to Groups.
Manage environments: Add or remove environments to Syncrofy (i.e. Pre-Production, Production, etc.). This also provides the ability to grant another user access to an environment.
Manage local agent: Make changes to the Syncrofy local agent, such as changing the Local Agent URL and enabling/disabling the Auto Update feature. This permission also allows the user to see all Syncrofy Processing Exceptions.
Manage rules: Create, edit, and/or delete exception rules.
View Exceptions: Provides the ability to be notified of exceptions and to view exceptions.
Manage Exceptions: Assign the exception to another Syncrofy user to resolve, change the status of the Exception (Pending, In Progress, Resolved) or Manually Acknowledge and resolve an exception (if you have permission to Manually Acknowledge documents).
Manage data retention policy: Change the settings for Syncrofy data retention. By default, Syncrofy will retain the past 24 months of data.
View files: View EDI documents at the files level in Syncrofy.
View Documents: View and search for EDI documents in Syncrofy.
Document Types: Select which EDI documents a user group can view.
Documents To/From: Select which trading partners’ documents a user group can view.
Documents By Subsidiary: Select which subsidiary organizations’ documents a user group can view.
Reprocess Files in Syncrofy: Reprocess an EDI document from (b2bi/SAP/data processing platform) to Syncrofy.
Delete Business Documents: Delete a document from Syncrofy. This only deletes the document from Syncrofy.
Download Original File: Download the original EDI file from Syncrofy to your computer.
View Original EDI Transaction: View the original EDI transaction in Syncrofy.
Manually Acknowledge Documents: Manually acknowledge a document in lieu of a functional acknowledgement.
View Partner Contacts: View trading partner contacts in Syncrofy.
Business Contacts: View trading partner business contacts in Syncrofy.
Technical Contacts: View trading partner technical contacts in Syncrofy.
Manage Partner Contacts: Add, remove or edit trading partner business and/or technical contacts.