Getting to Know the Syncrofy User Interface
Syncrofy’s user interface features two sources of navigation:
• Left hand navigation: allows you to switch between different screens of the application.
• Top navigation: allows you to search, view notifications, access account settings, and explore help articles/features.
Left Hand Navigation
Using Global Search
Syncrofy's Search feature allows you to find the data you need quickly, without having to sort through items that do not relate to your job duties.
1. Go to the Search box on the top of your screen.
2. Click inside the box and type in the item you wish to find (e.g. purchase order number,name of a specific user, invoice number, company name, etc.).
3. The item and/or related items will appear in the dropdown list.
4. Click on the item to be directed to it (e.g., for a specific invoice, you will be taken directly to that document in the Document Detail Screen).
You can use global search for the following:
• Document identifiers: find specific EDI documents using the document ID.
• Users: look up Syncrofy users in Syncrofy.
• Comments: Any word or phrase within a comment on the Document Detail Screen.
• Companies: Any one of your partner organizations.
Document Details Page
When you pull up a specific document in Syncrofy, you will be brought to the Document Details Page.
Here you can see all the important information on a document, including:
• Trading Partner Name
• Total Monetary Amount
• Document Dates
• ISA and GS Control Numbers
• Address Information
• Line-Item Information
• Acknowledgement Status
Searching Line Items
Have a question on a particular product in a PO, ASN or Invoice? Use the Line Item Search to find it! You can search for a product using any Product Identifier tied to that specific line item.
If there is more than one Product Identifier, Syncrofy will also show those under the line-item section.
How to view Product Identifiers:
1. Simply click into the “+x more” button.
2. Hover over the additional Product Identifiers to see their full description.
Document Details – Actions
For each document, you have several options available to you by clicking the “More” button in the upper right-hand corner.
The following document actions are available:
• Delete: Deletes the document from Syncrofy.
• View Original Transaction: Takes you to a view of the raw EDI data.
• View Original File: Takes you to the file that the document was sent in.
• Download Original File: Downloads that entire file.
• Reprocess File in Syncrofy: Reloads the file in Syncrofy so any changes to the EDI will be reflected upon updating.
Note: Syncrofy is a permission-based tool. Not all options are available to all users.
Deleting a Document
To delete a document, you must have the required permission (Delete Business Document).
To remove the document:
1. From the Document Details page, click on the More button
2. Select "Delete."
3. A pop-up will appear asking you to either confirm or cancel your selection.
4. Click the “Delete Document” button.
Reprocessing a Document
To Reprocess a document:
1. From the Document Details page, click on the More button and select "Reprocess File in Syncrofy."
2. A pop-up notification will appear: File reprocessing request sent successfully.
3. At the top of the screen you will see a progress bar and the message: This document is currently being reprocessed. This may take a few minutes.
4. A pop-up notification will appear: File finished reprocessing. Reload.
5. Click the "Reload" link.
Viewing Document Raw Data
For each document you can view the raw EDI data without having to download the entire file,which may contain individual documents.
The data is presented on a single page with line breaks, making it easy to read and find the information you're looking for.
To view a document's raw data:
1. From the Document Details screen, click on the More button.
2. Select "View Original Transaction" to open the raw data page.
3. From here, you may download the original transaction.
Timeline allows you to track the lifecycle of a document in Syncrofy.
Timeline shows all correlated documents tied to a PO and includes:
• Acknowledgement Status
• Flow Direction
• Watcher Status
• Sort in Ascending or Descending order
• Sort by Loaded On Date or Created On Date
Watching a Document/Timeline
Syncrofy's "Watch" feature allows you to monitor a document or Timeline view for activity and obtain alerts when there are changes.
To "Watch" a document:
1. From the Document Details page, click the eye icon in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Then, click the eye icon in the upper right hand corner of the drop down.
3. The button will turn orange and the status will change to "You are watching this document." Your name will also appear under "Watchers."
Commenting on a Document
Comments are a way to submit a note or start a discussion regarding a specific document. They are public to any users that have access to that item.
To submit a comment pertaining to a document:
1. Scroll to the bottom of the Document Details Screen.
2. Under "Comments," type in your comment in the text box.
3. Click the Submit button.
Syncrofy will proactively call out Missing Data and Invalid Data Errors reported via a 997
Functional Acknowledgement as well as business rule errors reported via an 824 Application Advice.
For 997 ASN Errors, you can see:
• Error Type (Missing Data or Invalid Data)
• Error Location (Segment location in EDI)
• Description (Any additional details)
• Notes (Any additional notes)
• Timestamp (Time 997 was loaded)
• Source (link to the 997)
The Documents tab is where you can view all documents that have been loaded into Syncrofy.
You can also create and save customized views to drill into the data.
Filtering By Document Type
1. Click the "Document Type" dropdown in the upper left-hand corner of the main
1. Click the "Document Type" dropdown in the upper left-hand corner of the main Documents screen.
2. Click the type of document you wish you view (e.g. Invoice, Purchase Order, or Application Advice, etc.).
3. All instances of the document type you selected will now appear on screen.
Creating a New View
1. Click the "Add filter criteria" dropdown to the right of the "Document Type" dropdown.
2. Select the criteria you wish to sort by.
3. Filters can be values that pertain to the selected document or criteria that pertain to the business process the document is a part of.
4. Enter or select the required information. For example, if you select "Document Date" you will have the option of choosing from several timeframes including "This Year," "Last Year," "This Month," etc.
5. Click outside of the box to apply your changes.
6. All of the documents that reflect that criteria will now be displayed.
Grouping Your Documents
Group By allows you to organize your exceptions by several different criteria.
To group your Documents:
1. Click the “Group By” button on the right side of the main Documents screen.
2. Click on the criteria in the dropdown you wish to apply.
3. The Documents will then be sorted appropriately based on your selection.
Editing Columns in Document Views
You can choose how you want the data for each document to be displayed on the main Documents screen by adding, removing, or reordering the columns.
• To add a column, click “Add Column”. A default column will appear at the bottom of the list.
• To edit a current column to a different option, click the dropdown arrow to the right of the column name. Type the name of the new column you wish to include. Click on the name to save.
• To remove a column, click the red “Delete” icon to the right.
• To rearrange an existing column, click the icon on the left of the column you wish to move, then drag and drop it into the desired location.
Note: When you are finished editing the columns, click outside of the "Columns Chooser" menu to save your selections.
Saving Document Views
You can save multiple Document views by naming them accordingly and clicking the “Save” button. Any modifications (filters, column adjustments, groupings) will be saved. All saved views are stored under “My Views”.
Sharing Document Views
In Syncrofy, you can share your saved views with other Syncrofy users in your organization.
To share a Document view:
1. Click the “Share” button on the top right-hand side of the screen.
2. Type and select the name of the Syncrofy user you wish to share the view with.
3. You can access any views shared with you under “My Views”.
Downloading Document Views
In Syncrofy, you can download the current list view you are in as a CSV file.
To download the current view:
1. Click the “Download CSV” icon at the top of the view.
2. Type in the name you wish you give the file.
3. Click the Download button.
Running a Report
You can also create a report based on the current view you are in or a previously saved view.
To run a report from a view:
1. Click the Run Report icon at the top of the view.
2. Type in the name you wish to give the report.
3. Click the Run button.
4. After it is finished running, the report will appear on the main Reports screen.
Document List Views & Reports
Functional Acknowledgement Reconciliation
Syncrofy’s Functional Acknowledgement Reconciliation feature allows you to:
• Ensure your customers are acknowledging Invoices for timely payment
• Ensure you are acknowledging POs from your customers to ensure timely shipment and delivery
• Easily determine if business documents have not reached your trading partners and allow for retransmission of missing documents
Track whether you are generating invoices on time
Syncrofy allows you to:
• Use Document Views to view all POs with ASNs that are missing invoices
• Group by trading partner to easily identify POs that require follow up
• Use Exceptions to ensure you are generating invoices by the Appointment Date in the ASN
Syncrofy allows you to:
• Easily identify EDI errors across documents
• Report on errors to stay ahead of or contest fines and chargebacks
• Quickly identify errors to make corrections and retransmit data
• Create error reports based on 997s and 824s