Exceptions highlight irregularities or inconsistencies within your documents and provide proactive alerts regarding data that may require extra attention. They help to promote issue accountability and productivity.
Exceptions are defined by creating a rule (SLA or Value) that can be customized to fit your specific need or focus.
Note: Exception Rules can only be created by users with the required permissions.
Exception Types Defined
The following are the types of exceptions currently supported by Syncrofy:
- SLA: Generated based on the SLA Rules (time-based validations) you create. Learn more about SLA Rules.
- Value: Generated based on the Value Rules (value specific criteria) you create. Learn more about Value Rules.
- Missing Partner: Generated automatically when the business partner cannot be identified by Syncrofy. Gives you the option to identify the partner and resolve the exception. Learn more about Missing Partner Exceptions.
- File Processing: Generated automatically when Syncrofy is unable to read a file. The exception will be attached to the file so you can identify and resolve the error.
Main Exceptions Screen
To view the view the main Exceptions screen, click the Exceptions heading in the left-hand navigation menu. You can view all Exceptions that have been identified by Syncrofy, including pertinent information about each one (provided you have been granted the necessary permissions to view the document).
You can choose to view All Exceptions, SLA Exceptions, Missing Partner Exceptions, or Value Exceptions. You can also choose to filter the exceptions by any number of categories for enhanced granularity, including:
- Type: Category of exception.
- Status: Current state of the exception (Pending, In Progress, Resolved, or Archived).
- Assigned To: Person assigned to the exception.
- Last Updated: Date and time the exception was last updated or assigned.
- Business Partner: The trading partner associated with the exception.
- Resolved By: The person who resolved the exception.
- Resolved On: Date and time the exception was resolved.
- Created On: Date and time the exception was created.
- Source Document Type: The type of document related to the exception.
Adding a Filter
- Click the "Add Filter Criteria" tab on the main Exceptions screen.
- Choose the desired category (listed above).
- Enter the name you wish to give the filter (default name is "Untitled Filter").
- Enter the required information in the pop-up menu based on the category you choose (e.g. for "Created On" you would select the time period you wish to filter on from the dropdown menu).
- Click outside the pop-up menu.
- Then, click the Save button in the upper right-hand corner to save your filter.
For each filter, you have the ability to Delete, Share, or Save as Copy by clicking the corresponding buttons in the upper right-hand corner when viewing that filter. Click the My Views button to view all of your current saved filters.
Note: The status of an exception is automatically changed to "Archived" when it has been reprocessed and the SLA or Value rule associated with it has been deleted or edited and is no longer applicable.
Grouping Your Exceptions
Group By allows you to organize your exceptions by a number of different criteria.
To group your exceptions, click the Group By button on the right side of the main Exceptions screen. Then, click on the criteria in the dropdown you wish to apply. The exceptions will then be sorted appropriately based on your selection.
Note: To view the next or previous page of a group, click the page number or back/forward icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the grouping table.
You can choose how you want the data for each exception to be displayed on the main Exceptions screen by adding, removing, or reordering the columns.
To edit/add columns:
- Click the Columns button on the right side of the screen.
- For those current columns, you have the option to remove a column by clicking the red Delete button to the right or move the column by dragging and dropping it into a new location on the list.
- To switch a current column to a different one, click the dropdown arrow to the right of the column name. Type the name of the new column you wish to include. Click on the name to save.
- When you are finished editing the columns, click outside of the "Columns Chooser" menu to save
Running a Report
You have the ability to create a report based on the current view you are in or a previously saved view. To run a report from a view:
- Click the Run Report icon at the top of the view.
- Type in the name you wish to give the report.
- Click the Run button.
- After it is finished running, the report will appear on the main Reports screen.
Downloading a View
You have the ability to download the current view you are in as a CSV file. To download the current view:
- Click the Download CSV icon at the top of the view.
- Type in the name you wish you give the file.
- Click the Download button.