Cross-filtering and Drilling Down
Syncrofy's cross-filtering and drill down functionality allow you to gain even more context from your business documents and transactions than ever before. You can view your dashboard widgets comparably in order to cross-filter your data based on your own, customized guidelines. You can also examine datasets within your widgets, enabling you to drill down into business partners or specific documents to get to the information you need.
Cross-filtering Your Dashboards
Cross-filtering allows you to dynamically apply a filter to all of the widgets contained in your dashboard at the click of your mouse without having to manually apply the filter to each widget. You can use cross-filtering for horizonal or vertical bar charts, a line chart, or a pie chart.
For example, let's say you create a widget that displays a horizontal line chart for your "Top 5 Trading Partners (This Month)" in terms of number of documents processed. Then, you create another widget to display Advance Ship Notices for that month, "ASN Totals (This Month)."
To utilize cross-filtering for the above example:
- Click on a bar (business partner) in your horizontal line chart (Top 5 Trading Partners (This Month)).
- You will observe the displayed total in "ASN Totals (This Month)" will change to reflect the business partner you select.
Cross-filtering is automatically enabled for all dashboards and is a great way to see the impact each partner has on your EDI transactions without having to create partner-specific dashboards or widgets.
Drilling Down into Your Dashboards
The drill down filter enables you to explore the different layers of your data by zeroing in on a specific document events or timeframes. For example, you can drill down into your data by year, month, week, day, or hour to identify discrepancies or potential issues.
To drill down into your data:
- In your dashboard, click the Customize link in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard.
- Click the Edit Widget icon in the upper right-hand corner of a dashboard widget.
- Under "Chart Configuration," click Drilldown.
- Then, click the Add Level button and select a dataset from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Back icon and click the Save button.
- Finally, click the dashboard Save button in the upper-right hand corner.
Note: Depending on what information you are searching for, you have the option to add multiple levels (Step 4 above). For example, you may want to create a level for documents that have been "Functionally Acknowledged," and then another level for "Acknowledgment Status."
Now when you click on a specific bar (business partner) you will see the vertical bars within the widget change to reflect documents that have or have not been "Functionally Acknowledged" (True or False). If you click on it again, you will see the widget change to that second level of drill down (Acknowledgment Status).